Coin Challenge - Rosebud
More than one US Mint coin has a flower as part of its design. This coin challenge shows a rose just starting to
What is the coin? Is it silver, gold or another metal? Did the coin circulate or is it a commemorative
coin? What is the denomination - a penny, nickel, dime, quarter, half dollar, dollar or another coin from early
coinage? Is the design from the obverse or reverse of the coin? (Scroll down for hints.)
- The US Mint produced the coin.
- The coin was minted at the West Point and Philadelphia mints.
- The coin is legal tender.
More hints provided on the atlcoin commentary on June 7.
- It’s a silver dollar.
- The rosebud is on the reverse of the coin.
- The obverse design caused controversy (and still does today).
Click on the Coin
Challenge - Rosebud Answer if you are ready to verify your choice for the coin!