Collectors and show attendees can be most vulnerable arriving or leaving a show. Some people will loiter outside the show’s location with criminal intent.
Remember these coin show security tips to insure you are careful when you arrive at the show’s venue, and you can minimize being a criminal’s target.
You carefully prepared before leaving home. Now, take precautions when you arrive:
1. Park near the entrance or near heavily trafficked areas
2. Do not park near a structure where people can hide from view when you return
© Copyright Atlanta Coin Expositions, 2008-2019. All Rights Reserved.
Several of the links on the pages within this web site go to affiliate vendors.
A vendor affiliation can mean a small monetary compensation to the web site owner at no additional cost to you.
Greater Atlanta Coin Show
2019, our 32nd year of monthly coin shows
Coin Show Security Tips - When You Arrive at the Venue
3. Park in a well lit area
4. Keep your doors locked until you are ready to exit your vehicle, then only unlock the necessary doors
5. Look around before you exit your car to be aware of your surroundings and minimize any surprises upon leaving your vehicle
6. Do not leave valuables in your car, even in the trunk which can be easily popped
7. Do not loiter outside your vehicle - lock your vehicle quickly and move toward the show
8. Keep your keys in your hand for access to your car’s alarm system while in the parking area
9. Make sure you remember where you parked; use stationary landmarks, not other vehicles, to remember where you parked (your phone’s camera can record your parking area if in a large lot)
10. Be constantly aware of your surroundings with your head up looking around you frequently for suspicious activity
11. Walk briskly and with purpose to the show’s venue
12. Hold any valuables close to you and securely in your grasp
13. Keep your valuables in view at all times - if you have bulk items and are using a rolling cart, push the cart in front of you , when possible - if you have to pull the cart, make sure you frequently look back to verify your valuables are safe
14. Ask for assistance from the bourse chairman or show security if you need help securely transporting your valuables from your vehicle to the show
MOST IMPORTANT, if you take all the safety precautions and are still accosted by criminals, give them your valuables. Things can be replaced, and injury, or worse - death, is too high of a price to pay.
Use these coin show security tips to: Be prepared. Be alert. Be aware. Above all, be safe.
Click on this link: Coin Show Security Tips When You Arrive at the Show for an Adobe Acrobat version of this article.