Coin Challenge - Thundercloud
How many coins contain clouds? This coin challenge shows a cumulus cloud with rays projecting from the
bottom of the cloud.
What is the coin? Is it silver, gold or another metal? Did the coin circulate or is it a commemorative
coin? What is the denomination - a penny, nickel, dime, quarter, half dollar, dollar or another coin from early
coinage? Is the design from the obverse or reverse of the coin? (Scroll down for hints.)
- The coin is a classic commemorative
- The coin designer's initials are CLS
- The coin's designer won a competition with his designs for this coin
Additional hints posted to our blog on November 24, 2010:
- The main design for the coin represents one of the oldest religious buildings in the US that is still
standing as originally built.
- The building is over 300 years old.
- The nearby burial ground predates the old building by 60 years.
Click on the Coin
Challenge - Cloud Answer if you are ready to verify your choice for the coin!