Coin Challenge - Calf
This coin challenge shows a small calf fighting being held by a rope attached to its halter.
What is the coin? Is it silver, gold or another metal? Did the coin circulate or is it a commemorative
coin? What is the denomination - a penny, nickel, dime, quarter, half dollar, dollar or another coin from early
coinage? Is the design from the obverse or reverse of the coin? (Scroll down for hints.)
- It’s a male calf fighting the rope attached to its halter
- From the color, the coin is a shiny silver coin
- The father of the gentleman holding the calf was a mathematician
This month only those hints were provided. But, because it's interesting, here's another hint:
- His father, the mathematician, is credited with introducing the division (÷) sign.
What coin contains the image? Who is holding the calf?
Click on the Coin Challenge
- Calf Answer if you are ready to verify your choice for the coin!