Coin Challenge - Boots
This coin challenge shows feet encased in laced boots taking a stride.
What is the coin? Is it silver, gold or another metal? Did the coin circulate or is it a commemorative
coin? What is the denomination - a penny, nickel, dime, quarter, half dollar, dollar or another coin from early
coinage? Is the design from the obverse or reverse of the coin? (Scroll down for hints.)
- It's a commemorative coin.
- The military person wearing those boots is also wearing fatigues and carrying a gun.
Several of our commemorative coins recognize and honor our military. But, which coin has the military in
fatigues, walking and carrying a rifle?
Hints from the blog on 9/23:
- The scene, including the military boots, portrayed on the coin occurred in 1957.
- A picture of the entire coin can be found on one of the web site’s pages for coin sets.
More blog hints on 10/5:
The coin’s design includes:
- Feet of nine other people
- A concrete sidewalk with two expansion joints
- A brick wall
Click on the Coin Challenge -
Boots Answer if you are ready to verify your choice for the coin!